Send me your email here...
or call me on: 07904 425 933
Commonly referred to as Colonic Hydrotherapy is also referred to as Colonic Irrigation and or sometimes a Colonic. The treatment of Colon Irrigation uses gentle, filtered, temperature controlled water for inner cleansing of the Colon. Over the years, with poor digestive function, the digestive system may not effectively eliminate waste resulting in an accumulation of faecal matter including bad bacteria, mould, yeast and parasites. If stored for too long it leads to an unhealthy digestive environment which may result in symptoms such as bloating, gas, headaches or skin conditions.
How does Colonic Hydrotherapy work?
First of all the therapist will take you through a consultation to investigate your Colon and general health whilst explaining the whole procedure to ensure you are put fully at ease before your treatment.
Once you are comfortably positioned a towel is placed over you to maintain your privacy and a sterile catheter is then inserted into the rectum; our therapist will start the procedure by turning on the switch allowing room temperature water to start gently flowing into the Colon to stimulate the body’s own peristaltic motion. However you are always in control the therapist. After the treatment usually between 30-45 minutes you will feel thoroughly refreshed and energised but should rest and take it easy to allow the body to maximise the healing process.
This area is for information
only, and should not be
considered as medical
advice. It is supplied so
that you can make a
Please consult with your
health practitioner before
considering any therapy.
Why Do People Receive Colon Hydrotherapy?
* Athletes have opted for Colon therapy to improve metabolic efficiency.
* Many receive the treatments during a period of lifestyle change or as a preventive measure.
* Another group manifests symptoms of intestinal distress; constipation (some from prescription drugs), carbohydrate indigestion, diarrhea, gas, bloat, hemorrhoids, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, diverticulitis, colitis, parasites, skin conditions such as psoriasis, shingles, and eczema, inability to lose weight, and scar tissue and adhesions from surgery.
* Another group is pain motived; abdominal pain, continuous headaches and migraines, back or shoulder pain, aching joints, gout.
* A number of clients are immune-compromised with lupus, MS, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis, cancer, chronic fatigue, Epstein-Barre, candida, infections, colds or influenza.
* Colonic Irrigation sessions are used for medical reasons: pre- and post-surgery or barium x-ray, stool samples, and geriatric.
* A number come in during a fast, a cleansing program, a raw food diet, a liver and /or gallbladder flush, or recovering from an accident.
* Some are working on emotional issues which they feel are physiologically rooted in their intestines.
1. It will cleanse the Colon: Breaks down toxic excrement so it can no longer harm your body or inhibit assimilation and elimination. Toxins built up over a long period are gently removed in a series of treatments. Your Colon can begin to co-operate again as it was intended. In this sense, a Colonic is a rejuvenation treatment.
2. Exercise the Colon Muscles: The build-up of toxins weakens the Colon and impairs its functioning. The gentle filling and emptying of the Colon improves peristalsis (muscular contraction) by which the Colon naturally moves material. Having Colonic Hydrotherapy is like taking your Colon to the gym.
3. Reshape the Colon: When problem conditions exist in the Colon, they tend to alter its shape because the Colon is a muscle and it will enlarge to the build up of toxins not being released. That in turn causes more problems. The gentle action of the water, coupled with massage techniques of the Colon therapist, help to eliminate bulging pockets of poop
What Will Colon Hydrotherapy do for The Colon?
and narrowed, spastic constrictions finally enabling the Colon to resume its natural state.
4. Stimulated Reflex Points in the Colon: It is connected to every system and organ in the body by reflex points. The Colon stimulates these points thereby affecting the corresponding body parts in a beneficial way. Thus creating overall well-being and health in the body.
5. Hydration of the Whole Body: Water is absorbed into the body through the Colon which increases the volume of blood. The circulation of the blood is increased, resulting in a greater bathing of the cells. This dilutes the toxins and flushes them out; relieving toxemia and uremia; and increasing elimination both through the kidneys, and the skin as well as the bowels. All this generally assists the cardiovascular and circulatory systems to be more efficient.
Benefits Of Colon Hydrotherapy
1. Compression of neighboring organs disappears or attenuates when volume reduces in the Colon. Relaxing effect on organs above intestines such as the liver, heart, and lungs. Sensation of lightness may be experienced.
2. Reduces pressure in the intra-abdominal area which improves venous return from lower extremities and pelvic zone. Relaxes pressure on the hips and lumbar column and is beneficial to their mobility. Relaxes abdominal muscles from the action of water temperature and massage that accompany the Colonic. Increases abdominal muscle tone due to reducing intestinal residues.
3. Stimulates peristaltic action of intestines restoring normal muscle tone and therefore removal of constipation. Potential to correct intestinal transit problems such as constipation and diarrhea without resorting to prescription drugs.
4. Sensation of well being due to the elimination of mucus, alimentary remainders not digested, gases and toxic bacteria. Relieves inflammation and edema due to elimination of irritating substances.
5. Expels parasites due to alternating water temperatures and complementary additives to Colonic water such as garlic and other vermifuge (parasite killing) herbs. Decreases demineralization of body because it improves metabolism.
6. Relieves gynecological disorders such as cystitis and dysmenorrhea due to reduction of a prolapsed intestine. Reduces risk of complications after surgery because it reinforces natural immunity. We can suppose Colon Hydrotherapy improves functions of the large intestines, lymph and nervous system because a relation exists between them in the GI tract.
7. Reduces weight and slims due to activating elimination. Creates an increase in mental capacity and rejuvenation since it decreases the degenerative process, normal or accelerated, by removing toxic substances that affect biological aging.
For a FREE Consultation
send me a quick hello...
You'll find me in
12 Black Horse Street, Blackrod
Bolton, BL6 5EW